This is the perfect recipe to make any morning- there is plenty of good stuff here!
The sweet potatoes provide sustained energy to start the morning off right. The bell peppers add antioxidants to help your body recover from exercise. The coconut oil provides a healthy fat and helps satisfy your appetite, and the egg whites provide a lean source of protein perfect for building lean muscle and increasing your metabolism. This is one powerful meal!
Makes: 2 servings
2 whole eggs
6 egg whites
1 medium onion, diced
4 ea. mini bell peppers, cut into strips
1/2 ea. large sweet potato, diced
3 tsp. Coconut oil, virgin and unrefined
Salt and pepper, to taste
Parsley, chopped (if desired)
Method of preparation:
1. Dice onion and sweet potato, slice bell peppers, and set aside
2. Pre-heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat and place 1 tsp. Coconut oil in it.
3. Add the diced sweet potatoes and cook for about 4 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add in another tsp. of coconut oil and cook the bell peppers and onions until translucent and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Toss in half of the cooked vegetables, 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites (beaten) and cook until egg whites are solid, about 3- 4 minutes. Repeat step #5 for the second serving.