Everyone needs to strengthen their pelvic floor, both female and male. Women are especially prone to weak pelvic floor muscles when pregnant and then with delivering their babies. The pelvic floor is similar to a hammock, essentially holding up important organs. The added pressure of pregnancy on the pelvic floor from the growing uterus can strain and even damage the pelvic floor muscles. Exercising the pelvic floor both during and after childbirth is extremely important for these five reasons:
1. Prevention of urinary incontinence
2. Reduction of lower back pain
3. Better intimate experience
4. Reduction of organs (or uterus) prolaspsing
5. Easier recovery from childbirth
Coming up in our next Bionic Mommy blog post, learn some great pelvic floor exercises.